Friday, March 9, 2012

The Journey

"Trust The Journey"

A common phrase I have repeated to myself through the last 5 years of running.

Every long run, race or fun run has had its own unique journey. Though, not all of them have been pleasant they have all made me into the person/runner I am today.

One is the toughest journeys was that of 26.2 miles.

Lots of miles lead up to the race of course but that truly was not the hard part.

There was lots of doubts of mine and others opinions that as a runner you have to work through. My other favorite quote is that "Running is 99% mental." A lot of people disagree but anyone can train their bodies to run its the training the mind to go along with it is the hard part.

One thing to keep in mind whether you are just beginning your journey, half way through or you can literally see the finish line.... No ones journey looks exactly alike and a lot of factors come in to play on how that final leg of the journey will play out.
Maybe that is why the reward is so sweet....

Here is my reward. I don't know why but seeing this on my car everyday reminds me of my journey of who I used to be to who I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment