Monday, March 19, 2012

Running D.C!

Literally! Meet Sara, she helped me run the Nation's Capital...6 miles of it anyway.
I joined City Running Tours (http://www.cityrunningtours.com/) for a 6 mile guided tour of all the best that DC has to offer along with a special tour of the Cherry Blossoms!
So on to my review of the Running Tour:
Sara picked me up in the hotel lobby and showed me the in and outs of the DC Metro System aka got me to the start of my 6 mile run!
We started with working our way around the city blocks to the Capital where she hit the high notes and pointed out the legislative offices and I waved at corporate America while they worked and we enjoyed the beautiful last day of winter and 60+ degree weather the only way you should running!
We headed toward the Washington Monument where I got an awesome pic and learned I need to watch National news more as Sara explained the earthquake shut the monument down for a year or so.
Other highlights included Vietnam War Memorial, running up the steps to see Abe and seeing where they make the money!!
I am excited to visit another city where I can explore the city by foot! And highly recommend City Tours (they are in a lot of big cities!) to anyone that is traveling while training for a race ( they can run long runs with you!) or if you are looking for another way to explore a new city (at YOUR pace)!
Thanks Sara, Michael and City Tours for not only a great run by an awesome swag bag!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment